Thursday, November 27, 2008

Update & Vegetable puré soup

I apologise for the long silence here in the blog. I'm a teacher trainee this year and the teaching and the many lectures and deadlined take their toll and as I haven't even been completely healthy lately, baking has not been the number 1. thing on my to do-list. And even when I have done something, I have forgot to take photos and I prefer to post a story with pictures... On my waiting list of recipes, though, there is many a thing I want to try out and I will post them here once I've managed to get a grip of myself. I'm specially excited about British pastries at the moment, mostly because I have again been reading Harry Potter books. I want to try out treacle tart and other deliciously sounding stuff...

Today's update is a recipe that I have myself made up, for the first time showing such initiative. It wasn't the most complicated one, but nevertheless I'm proud of myself.



1 l water and vegetable bouillon cube (or a liter of vegetable bouillon)
3 large potatoes
2 large carrots
a mix of frozen vegetables (250 g) (mine had for example cauliflower and beans)
1/3 of the soft insides of white bread
2 dl of cream
salt

Boil the potatoes and carrots until they are done. Add the vegetable mix and let it cook for another 5 minutes. While waiting, get the soft insides of the white bread. Pour everything, including the bread, into a standing mixer and add the cream. Blend until smooth and season with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails